An elevator is an integral part of any residential building. Whether your property is three stories high or thirty, it pays to invest in a quality elevator repair service that keeps your elevators running and your residents happy. Read on below to find out how residential property owners can take advantage of elevator repair services to improve their renters' quality of life.
- Regular cleanings are like tune-ups for elevators. Contact your local elevator repair company to schedule periodic cleanings of everything from drive machines, brakes, deflector sheaves and hoistway equipment.
- If your building has an elevator that's at least 20 years old, it probably hasn't been properly tested for safety measures since it was installed. Even if your state building codes don't require a speed and load-carrying test, it's best to have one conducted at least once.
- Sometimes an older elevator is in good working order, but residents request it be modernized to fit with the rest of the building. Contact an elevator repair company that uses non-proprietary parts and electrical equipment to ensure that any future upgrades are inexpensive and efficient.
- Some units use hydraulic oil. For these types of elevators, it is important to regularly filter the oil in order to remove any particles that have contaminated the solution. This is a fairly quick and simple procedure.
- It is also important to test motor winding in places that have hot summers and cold winters. These extremes can often cause the motor to degrade more quickly than if it operated in a temperate climate.
- Even old elevators contain equipment that is necessary in the event of a fire, earthquake or other emergency. Have these systems--including emergency telephone services, lights and alarms checked for functionality at least once every couple of years.
- A smooth ride up or down on an elevator can sometimes be ruined by a jarring stop. If this is the case in your building, have your elevator's floor stopping capabilities tested and repaired if necessary.
- Elevator repair companies don't just fix elevators. They can also retrofit older buildings to accommodate new elevators. If you want to increase the property value of your building, don't hesitate to have your building evaluated and a new elevator installed.
- If you've just purchased a property, call in an elevator repair company to appraise your building's elevator and provide with you valuable information concerning the original manufacturer, age of the equipment, repair history and more.